Home Welcome Calendar Ministries Contact Us Media Photos
 
History
 
                   History of Mt. Airy Full Gospel Church
Wallace "Bud" Lusk was born in 1929, the son of a Baptist preacher in the rural area of New York State and Pennsylvania. He and Audrey were married in their teenage years.  Through God's sovereignty and guidance, they ended up in Mount Airy doing volunteer work at Springfield State Hospital working with the Alcoholic Rehabilitation Unit. They had three children when they moved here in 1961, Alvin (then 6 years), Sharon (9), and Cheryl (12).

With the support and direction of Elim Fellowship, Lima, New York, Pastor Lusk began a ministry with three members in a small church on, what is now, Ridgeville Boulevard.

In 1975 a new church building was begun at 13949 Penn Shop Road and dedicated on June 4, 1976. A day school was opened soon after 1976 and grew to almost 100 students.  The school continued until 2005.
 
We have been blessed with some of the biggest names in Christian music and ministries including:
Jessy Dixon                          Allison Durham Speer
Robin Mark                           Michael English
The Hoppers                         DecembeRadio
Marshall Hall                         Wes Hampton
Jeff and Sheri Easter             Woody Wright
Stephen Hill                          Janet Parshall
David Ravenhill                     Thomas Ice
 
 
 
 
                   
                       SERVING PASTORS SINCE CHURCH FOUNDED
                                                      
 
                                                            
              Wallace "Bud Lusk                                                                                Thomas Gue
               Founding Pastor                                                                               1983 to Present
                 1961 to  1983